Saturday 28 February 2009

My First Amethyst


Peels Road
About 400 m 425m and 475m east of the Trevaskis lane corner there is slight evidence of a tip on the south side. A couple of tins and very little glass. It could be a wash down the hill, or it could be so old that it is hard to find or it could have been disturbed by roadworks. Or there could be very little there and it was only an isolated dumping. At any rate the first spot gave me my first amethyst bottle.
A pick Me Up sauce bottle with the date, 1918 on the bottle. Must be one of the latest Manganese bottles made in Australia.

"PICK ME UP"
(REG'D TRADE MARK)
CONDIMENT Co Ltd

SAUCE

THIS BOTTLE IS THE PROPERTY OF
PICK ME UP CONDIMENT Co Ltd
SYDNEY 1918

(I found it pretty easy to date this one)



On Rogers Road I found a clear bottle, again, without much evidence of any other bottles around.

THIS BOTTLE IS THE PROPERTY OF
H JONES & Co (SYDNEY) LTD

No comments: